What is MudChug?
MudChug is an intense 5k race with military grade obstacles. We are a team of devoted runners, joggers, beer drinkers, and party animals. Our races are extremely muddy and challenging. In 2013 we are introducing some unique and innovative obstalces that will push you to your limit.
MudChug is a Mud Run made by and for true Mud Runners. Half intense Mud Run Obstacle Course, Half Epic Rager. Come experience the difference for yourself...
What do I get when I register?
- MudChug T-Shirt
- RFID Timing Chip
- MudChug Race Bib
- MudChug Finishers medal when you cross the finish line
- 1 free Beer (must be over 21)
- Chance to win awards in the Costume Contest
- A great time with family and friends!!
- All participants must follow course officials' instructions
- All participants understand that this is not a normal 5K race, it is an extreme foot race through rough terrain with obstacles, and fully understand the risks involved
- You must be 15 years or older at race day
- All photos taken by media or MudChug Staff can be used to market or promote other Races
- All participants must complete and sign a waiver of liability
- All participants understand there are no refunds or transfers
- Participants understand all timing will be done by with the provided timing chips
- Participants understand that if they do not complete each obstacle or race they will not be able to receive any awards
- It is up to the participant to complete each obstacle, if the participant does not feel they can complete the race or obstacle it is their responsibility to leave or avoid the obstacle all together
- It is the participant's duty to inform MudChug Staff if they have been injured or hurt during the race
Come out and see who survives! It's free!! Come out and eat great food, have a cold beer and watch Survivors have the best time of their life!
All photos will be posted within one week after the race available for purchase
Awards & Prizes:
All MudChug Champions in their division (Top 3, Age Group, Male/Female) will receive the Official MudChug Keg Trophy Stating "I CAME I SAW I CHUGGED". All participants who qualify for a trophy must be present to receive their trophy.
Don't forget about costumes! We encourage even the craziest of fun, but please no nudity. All individuals interested in entering the costume contest will have their photo taken after checking in the registration tent on race day. 10 Individuals will receive trophies for the best costumes and will receive a free enrollment in a future event. The overal most Unique/Creative costume will be crowned Champion and will take home the coveted "Do Work Son" MudChug Trophy.
MudChug Participant Safety:
- Participants assume all risks & medical expenses if needed during or after the race
- All participants will brief themselves as to where the medical tent is located when they arrive for the race
I am not Athletic... Is The Race Safe?
There is always a risk involved when you run a race like this. Keep in mind this is an extreme foot race, but with that said we have taken every precaution possible to ensure that you cross the finish line safely. We will have trained EMT's available for any injuries that may occur. Being athletic is not a requirement, but having the mental fortitude is, you will be fine running the race as long as you are able to give it all you got!
Is There A Dress Code or Can I Dress Crazy?
Costumes are encouraged! Dress Crazy, be unique as possible, but keep in mind you are running a foot race, so keep it safe.
What Is The Length of Each Course?
Each Course has a different length; please refer to the course map for exact length of course in your area.
Can I still run with a group if we are not the same sex and Age?
Yes. You may run with as large a group as you like as long as everyone runs together in the same wave.
How do I volunteer?
We are always looking for volunteers for every event. Please check the event page that you are interested in and check to see the detailed info for that certain run. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which run you would like to volunteer for, your T-shirt size, you first and last name, your age, and confirming that you will be at the informational meeting for the race that you wish to volunteer for.
As A Volunteer What Do I Get?
- Cool MudChug Mud Run T-shirt
- An awesome Mud Run medal!
- Food and refreshments day-of
- A chance to learn about event logistics
- Signed credit for educational purposes
How is the Timing Done for The Race?
The timing is done by a transponder that is built into the bib that you will receive during packet pick-up.
Can I Get A Refund?
We do apologize, but no refunds under any circumstance. You can transfer your registration to another person until the transfer deadline, which is 2 weeks before the race.
What is Packet Pick-up?
Packet Pick-up is just another word for "Check-in." Here you will receive your race bib with built in transponder, MudChug T-shirt, Safety Pins to attach your bib. Please bring your Photo ID & Signed Waiver. If you fail to provide both you will forfeit your ability to race and no refund will be given. We encourage you to take advantage of the early packet pick up at each race, early packet pick up will be one day before every race. Once you register you will receive an email on the details.
What if it Rains?
Rain or Shine this race will happen. Come ready to rock no matter the circumstances.
How can I contact MudChug staff?
For questions or to volunteer please e-mail us at email@example.com
When e-mailing or calling us, please state which mud run location you are inquiring about.